Monday, February 1, 2010

mens sana in corpore sano

It's been too long since I've written here. More than 2 months! I'm not going to let that happen again. I'm going to make sure I post something everyday. Even if it's only a few words. I'm including it in part of my new regime I'm setting out for myself: mens sana in corpore sano. Sound mind in a sound body.

I'm not getting any younger, and if I want to be around in decent health (with a healthy mind, to boot), to see my daughter grow up, (not to mention, being able to enjoy my retirement) I need to start doing something about it. Just sitting around, watching tv, or messing about on FOD, or worse (facebook!), is not a recipe for success. I've laid out a plan to address increasing my mental acuity, as well as getting my grossly-out-of-shape body into shape.

The sound mind side will be addressed as follows:
  • write in my blog at least once/day
  • start learning Latin
  • read the newspaper everyday
  • read everyday
  • hone up on math skills
  • brush up on programming (perl, for now)
  • start writing poetry again
Sound body:
  • go to the gym every weekday morning
  • go for a walk during lunch
  • take the stairs
  • stretching/yoga routine at night
  • strict diet
Now, if I can just stick to it. There's the rub. How many times have I started something along these lines, only to drop it in a few weeks? Too many. Well, here we go, one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment