Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend in the country

We left early Saturday morning to spend the weekend at our place in the country. We were greeted upon our arrival by the caretakers of our humble little cottage.


Wolf Spider!


Garden Spider!

Once pleasantries were exchanged, it was time to get to work, and cut some grass. I had cleverly hidden my riding mower in the woods, so the fucking thieves who have already stolen my air compressor and chainsaw would never find it. Unfortunately something else found it.

This was one of a pair of buzzards who were using my mower as a base of operations. Which means, of course, they shit all over it.

Nothing like the pungent aroma of buzzard guano. At least I had it covered.

1 comment:

  1. I miss wolf spiders. I also miss garden spiders, and little forest floor orb weaver spiders. I miss other creepy-crawlies too, things like lightning bugs and luna moths.

    ReplyDelete