Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MRI

My MRI is scheduled for this afternoon. My first one. How exciting!

I went to the doctor last week for a cough that wouldn't go away, and I happen to mention some other symptoms I've been having, and the next thing I know he's talking about brain tumors, and I start getting poked, prodded and tested more in one week than I have in my whole life. Ol' Doc, you gotta love him. Whereas other physicians would do their diagnosing in their head, running through the possible causes and keeping to himself the one that might scare the bejeezus out of his patient, whatever he thinks could be the matter he instantly verbalizes. Actually, the funniest part is that when he mentioned the possibility of a brain tumor, it didn't faze me in the least. The thought of finding one still doesn't bother me today. The only thing that scares me is living too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment