Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Birth of Beelzebubba

This blog, in its short existence, has already gone through a multitude of changes in its attempt to come into the world; its birth throes, if you will. I hope that I will not be looking back at them as death throes. But, as Nietzsche said, “Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.” So, we shall see.

I’ve toyed with the title to the point where I’m sick of it. The very first one I did was called “Beelzebubba’s Bistro.” I deleted it, and now it’s floating around in limbo, waiting to see if it gets resurrected or not. I’m thinking of bringing it back, and doing something else with it, something I hadn’t thought of before. But back to the title, or more specifically, “Beelzebubba.”

Over a year ago, I had taken on a pseudonym on another website with another derivation with bubba in it. I’m still unsure why I did it, as I had never gone by that nickname before, but no one at this site was using their real name, and brainstorming for a nom de plume for myself, this one came up, and I used it. Now friends I have made on that site call me bubba, or bubs. Never really having had a nickname before, I have to admit, I like it.

So, when I decided to start blogging, I figured I needed another one, and decided I’d use another variation with “bubba” in it. After deciding on Beelzebubba, I shortly thereafter started having regrets. I even started using my real name, and this was the title of this blog for a short time. But then I changed my mind again, reverted to Beelzebubba, and came up with “Beelzebubba’s corner.” I thought about changing it to something else, since I really don’t identify with it, but finally decided to stick with it, if for no other reason that I’m sick and tired of messing with it.

I decided not to use my real name, because I see this blog as a chance to explore aspects of my personality and thought processes that I’m not exactly comfortable with yet. Not that I’m going to blog about anything I would be ashamed of. I just feel I will be more comfortable writing whatever the hell I happen to feel like, and not worry what anyone who knows me, and might happen to stumble upon this, might think of me. Not that anyone is going to read this anyway, but you never know.

As for the other deleted blog, “Beelzebubba’s Bistro,” which is sitting in purgatory, I’m going to bring it back and write about matters gustatory. So expect to see posts about coffee, beer, cigars, bourbon, cuisine, etc… I may even put some reviews of restaurants in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment