Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Watchmen, Once

Had the day off yesterday. Stayed home and watched a couple of movies: The Watchmen and Once. Yeah, I know a little bit different from each other. About midway through the first one, K walked out, saying she didn’t want to watch anymore. She thought the gore/violence was totally unnecessary, and for me to just watch the rest of it myself. It was alright. Don’t care to see it again. I’m sure there will be a sequel. Won’t watch that either. The only character I liked was Rorschach, and he was killed in this one, so that’s it for me. The other characters were pretty boring. Couldn’t care less whether they lived or died. Never read the graphic novel, maybe it’s better.

Once was pretty damn good. That sumbitch can sing. K wikied him. Hell, I didn’t know he was in The Commitments. I loved that movie. Once wasn’t as good, but I still enjoyed it. I even cried several times during it. Damn, I’m an emotional guy, will just weep like an old woman if the scene or music touches me in any way. I used to never be like that, but maybe losing your folks will do that to you. Not complaining, mind you. It’s kinda nice to be like that. Strong emotions are like a sip of fine whiskey, something to be savored, enjoyed. Although it can be kind of embarrassing.

But, as good as it was, no desire to watch it again. I had already bought the CD that had the music, and that’s all I really need.

K and I even had time to fool around a little bit, something that’s really hard to do these days. Really need to get to the doctor, though, and look into getting myself snipped. Playing Polish roulette otherwise. And especially when you consider the time span between romps; got a lot built up, so it don’t take long to blow my fuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment