Thursday, November 12, 2009

moon=god

The other day I was nuking me up some vittles for lunch. There were already a few people in the break room eating theirs. The TV was on the History channel, and there was a show about the moon. They mentioned that our moon was the biggest in our galaxy, and if not for its size and orbit, earth’s environment would not have been stable enough to support life.

One of my employees, who was in there, and is a christian (hell, what am I saying? They’re all christians!) remarked, “Well, if that is not proof positive that there is a god, I don’t know what is.” I had to hightail it out of there before I said something I would regret. A few minutes later, while I was in my office, I heard the conversation continue along these lines:

A: “How come they just don’t get it? They’re not ignorant, so why can’t they see it?

B: “Well, they just refuse to see the truth.

A: “Yeah, but these are scientists: biologists, physicists. If anyone can appreciate the complexity of life, and how it couldn’t possibly have happened by chance, then they surely should be able to. They would have to admit that such a system has to have been created by god.”

B: “You know, I have just found it is no use arguing with them. You just have to walk away, there is no use talking any sense to them. Their minds are closed. You just have to walk away.”

A: “But how can they not see it?”

I just sat in my office, and shook my head. Close-minded. Close-minded? Really?! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment